Videos: Bond Integrity Test
The video on this page illustrates the strength and integrity of the bond created between three layers of metal by the FusionForged® process. In this case, the layers consist of:
- Outer layer: 14 karat white gold
- Center core: Sterling Silver
- Inner layer: 14 karat yellow gold
- The test begins by stretch sizing the ring up three full sizes, from Finger Size 12 to Finger Size 15.
- The ring is then cut with a slotting saw, and opened out into a flat strip.
- Next, the ring (now a strip) is further flattened with a rolling mill.
- Finally, the strip is twisted 360 degrees into a spiral helix.
Examination of the bonded layers shows no evidence of separation.